Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Milkweed Seed


So I chase you happily
You, a drifting joy
In the soft morning gold
like a  Milkweed seed.

I fill with glee
As I stoop to reach
you have stopped
Stuck,ever so slight.

A wild little child
with unbottled joys
I hold you up close
cupping so tenderly

Gingerly  uncovering
I savour your lightness
for the winds would come
and away you shall sail

No cant hold you tight
Cant imprison your spirit
So I set you free,
to chase you yet again

Just like I did
When I was a kid
its like the joy of chasing
glistening Milkweed seed...



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Reading this I went back into a moment in time when we used to run through the lush green rice fields in my village and suddenly our paths were guided by these enticing wingless seeds that flew through and around the stretches of the field. What beautiful times! I am so glad to go back to that moment as I scroll through your lines. Beautiful, really...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dude! Yeah some of the priceless joys ,we were lucky to be borne before the world turned technology freak...i relate it still to some other things now... Similar fleeting and chasing joys.

    ReplyDelete